How much does it cost to hire a React Native developer?
The cost to hire React Native developers depends on many factors, including the number of specialists, the seniority level, the scope of work, team location, and required expertise. On average, US React Native developers charge $100 to $200, while Eastern European developers charge $30 per hour. Moreover, Ukrainian software development providers offer a reasonable quality-to-cost ratio, a broad pool of React Native developers, technology diversity, and efficient product development workflows.
At Northell, we provide flexible cooperation models (full product development outsourcing and IT staffing) and pricing models (hourly and project-based), so you can choose the best fit for your project requirements and available resources. As a top-rated software development company, we offer our expert assistance and a team of highly-skilled and dedicated specialists. Contact us and tell our experts about your needs.
How long does it take for React Native developers to start working on my project?
Our in-house team is the most valuable asset, so we take time to hire top-notch React Native developers. In any case, our professional recruiters take 1-2 weeks to hire experienced React Native developers to join your development team. If we have available specialists ready to get to work as soon as possible, we can start within a few days.
Moreover, once we agree on collaboration terms, we can assign professional PMs to guide the development and facilitate the onboarding process. Thus, we quickly set up a team and take care of all operational tasks to move your project forward as soon as possible.
What are the main responsibilities of a React Native developer?
It is crucial to clarify the primary responsibilities a React Native developer should have to match your job specification perfectly. At Northell, we expect React Native developers to complete the following tasks:
- Build smooth UIs for Android and iOS apps
- Spot and fix bugs, uncover security and performance gaps
- Use native APIs for cross-platform app integrations
- Maintain apps
- Write automated tests to ensure high product quality
- Migrate the existing React web apps to React Native
How to check the hard skills of a React Native developer?
We have a large pool of React Native developers you can choose from. We practice live coding interviews to ensure the candidate meets your primary project requirements and hard skills. Our technical lead creates a task with a specific challenge that the React Native developer must solve within a limited time. Once we receive the results, we check them and continue the interview process if they are positive. This way, we ensure the candidate is competent and has the required hard skills to move your project forward.
What technologies do React Native developers work with?
Depending on your technical requirements for the app, project needs, and the expertise level of the team you choose to collaborate with, the choice of technology stack may vary. We prioritize the following tech stack for React Native development process:
React Native development tools:
- Android Studio
- React Native Debugger
- React Navigation
- React Native CLI
- Fetch API
- TypeScript Compiler
What skills to look for when hiring React Native developers?
To hire React Native developer, you should identify the required hard and soft skills to ensure the potential specialist will fit your team best. At Northell, we unite professional React Native developers with solid hard skills and soft skills to ensure smooth and productive collaboration. So, developers should have the following skillset to develop great mobile solutions on React Native and match our corporate culture:
- Familiarity with Swift, Java, and Kotlin
- Awareness of the primary React concepts
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Understanding of mobile app development lifecycle
- Mastery of unit testing
- Working with third-party libs and REST APIs
- Working with version control tools like Git
- Experience working with the main technologies (Redux, Docker, etc.)
- Writing clear and consistent source code
- Good communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Cross-team collaboration skills
- Ability to accept constructive feedback
- Attentive to details
- Time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Critical thinking
Why choose React Native for mobile app development?
The main advantage of choosing React Native for mobile app development is that with React Native, you can create cross-platform apps that work on both IOS and Android platforms and have similar components as native apps. Moreover, choosing React Native is budget-friendly, allowing you to streamline the development process, boost productivity and save on costs by using affordable technology.
How many hiring steps do you have to employ React Native developers?
Working with us, you can make sure the new team of React Native developers is qualified and experienced to complete your project milestones on time, within budget, and with the required quality. We recruit the best talent using effective methods based on our many years of experience. So, we’ve developed a 6-step recruitment approach to select the best talent from a global pool of top React Native programmers.
- We analyze the project scope, tech specifications, and requirements for the developer’s skills, proficiency level, and required experience.
- The second step is called prescreening. During it, we carefully review the competencies required for this role. As a result, our talented recruiters pick the most suitable candidates’ CVs and portfolios.
- Next, our HR specialists schedule a video call with the candidate to introduce the company and the open position’s needs. At the same time, we start evaluating the developer’s soft skills.
- After that, we test English proficiency to ensure React Native engineers have the necessary language skills to collaborate with clients worldwide and provide transparent communication.
- The most important part of the developers’ hiring process is the hard skills test. We conduct live coding interviews to objectively evaluate the qualifications and competencies of the React Native developer required for the specific project. Thus, our tech lead prepares a test task that the developer must complete in a limited time.
- As a result, we have dedicated React Native developers ready to become our full-time employees and an integral part of your project. Thanks to our streamlined onboarding, we prepare the specialists for quick integration into our internal workflows. In addition, we set a 3-month probation period to ensure that both parties are on the same page regarding cooperation and work expectations.
How do you manage the communication between a customer and a team?
Northell provides several collaboration models with flexible engagement types. Whether you need a high or minimal level of involvement, we are ready to satisfy your needs. Thus, we negotiate the terms of collaboration during the first meetings to offer you the collaboration model that works best for you. You can fully take over the management of an assembled React Native developers team or delegate this responsibility to one of our professional Project Managers.
We focus on the most favorable terms for our customers tailored to your corporate culture and preferred management style. Suppose you need to focus on your strategic business tasks. In that case, our skilled PMs will guide your project from start to finish and keep you updated on all intermediate project results through reports and regular demos at the end of each sprint, which lasts from 2 to 4 weeks.