How much does it cost to hire an IOS developer?
The cost of hiring IOS developers depends on many factors, including app complexity, level of specialists, and project scope of work. To define the cost of hiring, you should first submit your project requirements so we can finalize figures more precisely.
The average rates for hiring an IOS developer vary in different locations of the world. For example, the IOS developers will charge $100-$200 per hour in the US and Western Europe. In contrast, Ukraine provides a reasonable quality-to-cost ratio and a broad pool of tech-savvy and experienced developers with an hourly rate ranging from $30 to $100 per hour.
We at Northell also offer to hire IOS developers starting from $30 per hour, subject to your business needs. Moreover, we provide flexible pricing models (project-based, hourly) to fit your unique business needs and available budget.
How long does it take for IOS developers to start working on my project?
At Northell, we prioritize smooth onboarding and fast team adjustments to join your project within a few days. If we don’t have an available number of IOS specialists ready to start the project work, it takes 1-2 weeks for our recruitment team to find the best IOS candidates matching your job specifications.
What are the must-have technical skills of an IOS developer?
A required skillset of an IOS developer may vary depending on your project requirements and seniority levels. At Northell, we prioritize the following technical skillset when hiring IOS developers:
- Knowledge of programming languages Swift or/and Objective-C and Core Data framework
- Expertise in RESTful APIs integration
- Experience with databases CoreData, SQLite, Realm
- Knowledge of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
- Experience with APIs like Cocoa Touch and UIKit
- Understanding of UI and UX standards
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Experience with Xcode IDE
However, more than technical skills are needed to hire competent IOS developers. When hiring IOS developers, we also pay attention to soft skills, including problem-solving, teamwork, communication, time management, and responsibility.
How do you test the technical skills of iOS developers?
We conduct live coding interviews to check the coding skills of IOS developers in real-time. Our tech specialists assign specific tasks to a candidate with a challenge they need to solve in a limited time. Then, our tech lead reviews the code. If the results are successful, we schedule an interview with a tech lead and HR specialist. Once the interviewing process is over, we set a probation period of up to 3 months to ensure an IOS specialist meets our expectations. That helps us hire the best IOS talents and sort out the most appropriate candidates for your project.
As a reputable software development company, we assign IOS developers with hands-on experience in IOS development related to a specific domain (e.g., healthcare, FinTech, etc.) in our previous projects. Once you approve the candidates, we start smooth team integration into your in-house workflows to ensure effective cooperation and corporate culture match.
What requirements should I prepare before hiring IOS developers?
Once you have decided to hire an IOS developer for your project, you must first determine the requirements for an IOS developer to communicate your needs to an expert accurately. So, take these steps before scheduling a consultation with your future partner.
- Describe your app idea and focus on the main problems your app should solve or give an example of a few app’s use cases
- Set your business goals to identify what you want to reach in the short and long term, understand the scale of your app, and set the direction for further development
- Think over an essential list of features you want from IOS developers to implement into your app
- Prioritize the list of features needed to be developed first and later (after testing on end users to uncover what they need most)
After you take all the above steps, you will know your project inside and out. It will help you to find the right-fit IOS development team and ensure proper collaboration flow in line with your corporate culture and expectations.