How much does it cost to hire an Express JS developer?
The cost to hire an Express.js developer depends on many factors, including the number of specialists, the level of expertise, technology proficiency, and their location. For example, the rates of different software developers vary from region to region.
For example, the Express.js development rates in the USA vary from $80-200 per hour, whereas Eastern Europe-based developers charge $30-60 per hour.
At Northell, we provide different pricing models, which our customers can always switch when the development is on the go. We offer rates for Express.js development that start from $30 per hour. However, it further depends on the level of engagement, the scope of work, and your unique tech requirements. Share your staffing needs with us and get the best pricing offer from our team.
What are the benefits of using the Express.js framework in back-end development?
Using the Express.js framework to empower your web application development has many benefits. The most important are the following:
- Ensures high app performance and speedy development due to non-blocking I/O, single-threaded features, and asynchronous programming
- Easy to customize and use
- Contains multiple middleware components and HTTP utility features that accelerate API development
- Fast links to databases like MySQL, MongoDB, and Postgres
- Uses middleware to establish communication and manage data on the server side
- Highly scalable since working alongside Node.js
- It has vast community support that facilitates and speeds up development based on Express.js.
What skills are important for Express JS developers to have?
If you need to hire an Express.js developer with strong technical knowledge and a high level of technology stack mastery, look for the following skills:
- Good understanding of web application frameworks, their pros and cons
- Strong proficiency with Node.js environment
- Knowledge of security and data protection protocols
- Knowledge of the leading cloud platforms, like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience working with version control systems
- Familiarity with front-end development
Solid soft skills, including smooth communication, good problem-solving, and English proficiency
How do you test the hard skills of Express JS developers?
The technical skillset of Express.js developers is essential to make the process efficient, resulting in a high-quality solution or product. Thus, we carefully screen the candidates before assigning them to your project.
To test the hard skills of Express.js developers, we host live coding sessions led by our tech team leads. We prepare a technical task with a challenge that the candidate must solve within a certain period of time. We also ask open questions to test developers’ knowledge and evaluate their way of thinking. Once the results are successful, we move to further interview stages.
Important to note that we assign specialists with relevant experience working on projects similar to your type and industry focus.
What questions are important to ask Express JS developers during an interview?
The interview process is critical and requires much effort and technical knowledge to filter the best-matching candidates for our customer’s projects. We follow a mature approach to recruitment that allows us to choose qualified Express.js talent with proven development backgrounds and solid hard and soft skills. Thus, during the interview, we most often ask the following list of questions:
- Why is Express.js so popular among top web development frameworks?
- What tasks can be performed using Middleware in Express.js?
- What is an Event loop?
- Can you list all core modules used in Node.js?
- What are the different types of HTTP requests?
- Why is Node.js single-threaded?
- What is rooting in Express.js?
- How does control flow to manage the function calls?
- How can you describe the use of CORS functionality?